Going to warehouse clubs and the like is a great way to save money, but chances are you avoid going because you just don’t think you have the space to store items bought in bulk. You may have more space than you think. Some quality pantry shelving might just make all the difference.
It doesn’t matter if you live in a large home or a small apartment, proper shelving will increase your storage space by making sure you use all your available space well.
You probably are storing small spice bottles, large juice containers and everything in between. Getting it all organized and easy to reach can be a challenge. The right shelving will make it easier to meet that challenge.
So let’s look at how you can get this done efficiently.
1) The first thing to consider is using door and wall racks. You’ll need a door that swings open for this and not a sliding door. Use these racks as the perfect area for small items. Spices, small baking items, those little envelope mixes and other smaller items will fit perfectly.
2) Under shelf baskets are a great place to store things like kitchen towels, paper plates etc. Just slide one of these sturdy baskets underneath an existing shelf. Works especially well if you shelves were built with wide openings.
3) Stacking shelves will help you get the most out of your available space. They come in different heights and lengths. Just stack them up for a great place to put canned food.
4) Wine drinkers will appreciate this one. Get yourself a portable wine rack. If you’ve got the space to put it, this is a great way to keep all your wine or other bottles organized.
5) D-shaped shelves are perfect for use in odd shaped spaces in your pantry. They will turn independently of each other, and are a great place to store things like boxed items or canned good inside a cabinet.
6) Another great way to store canned goods is by using gravity feed racks. These stand upright. If you use a lot of the same item, simply place the cans in the top of the rack, and pull one out at the bottom as needed. The others will simply fall into place.
7) Tier organizers will let you easily see the small items that fit well on these. They are perfect for storing spices.
8) Pull out shelves are a very popular item. Place these into your cabinet or on existing shelves and you’ll save a lot of space. Plus you’ll be able to easily reach items in the back by simply pulling out the shelf. Just push it back in when finished for storage.
9) Finally, turntables or a lazy susan will fit into many different sized spaces. They simply turn in a circle, which allows you to use all the space and easily reach something in the back by just spinning the turntable around.
Getting organized isn’t as difficult as it seems, and your shelving can be attractive as well as functional. Get creative, find what works best and looks best, and you’ll get the most out of your investment and available space.