It’s inevitable that after years of use, your bath tub may already be showing the signs of excessive wear and tear. If getting a new tub doesn’t fit your budget just yet, you may be wondering then how to make your bath tub look new again. One solution to this natural problem is the bath tub liner.
What is a bath tub liner?
Bath tub liners are custom-made layers or covers that can fit snuggly onto your tub. People often want a liner installed to cover the old, dirty and musky surface of their bath tub to make it look clean and new again without the big costs and waste of money.
What is the material?
The most common make of bath tub liner are acrylic, PVC or plastic. These materials are highly durable and is not susceptible to hollowing, chipping, tearing and permanent stains.
What are the benefits of a bath tub liner?
– Variety in color – There are now bath tub liners that come in a wide array of colors. Thus, you won’t have a problem matching your “new” tub with the rest of your bathroom interiors.
– Hardy material – As mentioned earlier, bath tub liners are not susceptible to many types of wear and tear such as rusting, cracking and peeling.
– Easy To Clean – Bath tub liners designed to mimic both the feel and look of a new bath tub. It is smooth and glossy, thus making it easy to clean. With a bath tub liner, you also won’t need grout for your bath tub, so it makes cleaning easier.
– Affordable – Installing a bath tub liner is so much cheaper than having your whole bathtub replaced.
– Convenience – Replacing your entire bath tub could mean replacing tiles, plumbing and even other fixtures in your bathroom such as toilets and sinks if it becomes necessary. You can just imagine what an inconvenience this will be in your household. First, your bathroom will be a mess. Secondly, you won’t be able to use a bath tub for several days or even weeks.
– Best fit – There are now several molds sold in the market that can fit perfectly to almost any bath tub model available.
– Installation Time -your bath tub liner can be installed only in one day.
How is the liner installed?
First your salesman, installer or contractor will visit your home, offer you a contract to sign, and measure the dimensions of your bath tub. Measurements will then be reported to the factory where a mold is made and a shell is produced. Next, the shell will be shipped back to the person who will be in charge of installing the product into your bathtub. You will be required to make an appointment with this person before installation takes place. Finally, the bath tub liner is installed into your existing bath tub.
Quotes for specific tub liner can be obtained online. Use the Internet to browse through different colors and pricing with ease.